The project proposal has the following goals:
- To consolidate and enlarge the network previously constructed thanks to the EU funded Stop Match-Fixing project and the EU Milan 2014 Seminar;
- To construct a tailored training pattern strongly linked to the specific needs of two targets (top decision-makers of sport organizations and media operators) and based on relevant data that allow specific knowledge and understanding of the phenomenon;
- To build capacity of sport organizations top decision makers for effective policies, including a very efficient role of Ombudsmen/whistleblowing services providers;
- To involve sport spectators in a first step of a proactive role through tailored training of media operator;
- To elaborate structured guidelines to EU Commission for effective short/medium/lomg term policies against Match-Fixing in sport, based on a specific comparable data matrix about illegal behaviour and a tailored training model shared by the network coalition managing the project;
- To create a permanent European dissemination platform of these tailored training platform, thanks to the direct involvement of one National Olympic Committee, in the perspective of enlarging the model/practice to other sports.
In order to reach these goals, the project will implement the following actions:
- To implement very targeted analysis to gather/organize specific data on the illegal behaviour of match-fixing actors (Data Collection functional to Tailored Training);
- To project an effective tailored training model based on this preliminary data collection (qualitative and quantitative), anchoring the tailored training actions to a specific knowledge of the phenomenon (Tailored Training Designing);
- Activate a Data Sharing Room at disposition of European sport organizations to be used to optimized training models;
- Through the tailored training model, to deliver specific competences to top decision makers so that they can overcome the lack of specific know-how to fight Match-Fixing and to develop integrity (Tailored Training Implementation to Top Decision Makers), included developing capacity for the Ombudsmen aimed to the optimization of their competences and to increase efficiency of whistleblowing process management;
- To reach audiences/spectators through media operator tailored training, thanks to the delivering to them of specific competences so that they can spread proper information on match-fixing phenomenon (Tailored Training Implementation to Media Operator);
- Elaboration of specific Guide Lines about EU policies (Guide Lining fo Effectiveness in Policies);
- Structured and effective dissemination of the Tailored Training Model (Dissemination Platform).
- Project Management activities.
The Applicants are very seriously committed to pursue the goals of the project since:
- Transparency International Portugal and all national Chapters of Transparency International network have as main mission to fight corruption. In this framework, the issue of corruption of sports is recognized as very relevant and deserves a high degree of attention;
- Office for Sport of the Italian Government is very consitently engaged in the anti-match-fixing policies, being among other elements one of the main promoters of the CoE Convention against match-fixing (Macolin, 2014);
- Catholic University has specilalized on the topic “Sports Integrity” in a long term perspective;
- ConiServizi has as specific mission in fostering the integrity in sports. In this framework, promoting sports integrity represents more and more in the last years one of the top commitments;
- ESSA has a veru specific program to foster integrity in sports;
- INTERPOL Offices in Lyon have a dedicated Sports Unit;
- Playfaircode has as specific mission fostering integrity in sports.
- Target groups will be very significantly committed to receive the action since:
- Sports organization top decision makers are in strong need of data and know-how on how to tackle a problem they have not approached in the past, so they find themselves in need of tools;
- Ombudsmen and whistleblowing service providers find themselves in a growing need of having access to data and specific knowledge about the phenomena to manage at best the interaction process they are called to manage;
- Media operators are very sensible to fact-related and objective data and to play a constructive role in “picturing” the problem.